2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season Update

Forecasters predicts a 60% likeliness of an above-normal season

2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season Update

It seems as though the 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season will be more active than originally predicted.  Back in May, forecasters predicted 11-17 named storms with a 45% chance of increased activity, 35% chance of a normal activity season, and a 20% chance of a below-average season.  As of yesterday (August 9, 2017), forecasters’ predictions increased to 14-19 named storms with a 60% likelihood of an above-normal season and dropped their predictions for a normal season by 5% and below-average season by 10%.

An average 6-month Atlantic Hurricane Season totals 12 named storms with 6 of those storms developing into hurricanes.  So far, the Atlantic has seen 6 named storms in just 9 weeks!  In fact, NOAA has suggested that 2017 could be the most active season since 2010.  Environmental factors such as warmer water, wind and air patterns in the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, and the absence of El Nino, have contributed to creating ideal severe-weather storm conditions.

 “Today’s updated outlook underscores the need for everyone to know their true vulnerabilities to storms and storm surge,” said FEMA Administrator Brock Long. “As we enter the height of hurricane season, it’s important for everyone to know who issues evacuation orders in their community, heed the warnings, update their insurance and have a preparedness plan.”

As we move into the peak of hurricane season, when hurricanes are most frequent and at their strongest, NOAA urges coastal residents to make sure they have their hurricane preparedness plans in place and to monitor the latest forecasts.

  • icons-energy-efficiency

    Energy Savings

  • icons-hurricane-protection Hurricane Protection
  • icons-impact-resistant Impact Resistance
  • icons-storm-protection Storm Protection
  • icons-ultraviolet-protection Ultraviolet Protection
  • icons-made-in-the-usa Professional Installation

PGT Windows and Doors

CGI Impact Doors & Windows

Windoor Impact Windows and Doors

Impact Resistant Windows & Doors Broward

Showroom Discount

Impact-Windows-and-Doors-Discount-CouponNew customers, visit our showroom and receive a $50 credit certificate off your first order of $1,000 or more.*

Protecting Your Home

Find out how Atlantic Armor can protect your home, business and family from storms and burglaries.

  • Hurricane and Storm Protection
  • Burglary and Break in Protection

Get Impact Windows & Doors Today

Contact Us Today

Find Window and Door Installer(954) 770-0726  Best Door and Window Installer Florida

Visit Our Showroom
Mon-Fri: 8am-4:30pm

7080 W State Road 84

Suite 4
Davie, FL 33317