It’s Officially fall but hurricane season isn’t over
More cyclones form in the Atlantic
“Easy come, easy go” seems to be the theme with the majority of tropical storms brewing in the Atlantic Ocean and hopefully Invest 97L will disappear before wreaking havoc. Though the National Hurricane Center estimates there is a 90% chance that Invest 97L will form into a cyclone within the next 5 days and possibly be named “Matthew”, there is still a good chance that it will not make landfall in the United States. However, for most of Florida the weather forecast continues to look wet and windy. With so much water on the horizon it is important for homeowners to take a few minutes to make sure their homes are not adversely affected by the weather.
- Apply wax-based polish to wooden floors (they tend to absorb excess water).
- Check seals on windows and doors to make sure they are keeping water out.
- Drain water from your pool if you see the water level is high.
- Inspect Roof Gutters and Downspouts to ensure adequate flow.
- Run a Dehumidifier to help cut down on moisture.